Services provided at The Institute
- Coordinated Referral Service
- You may experience a difficulty in communicating general practitioners. We can provide you with a consultation and referral service. In Japan, we have only few American board certified specialists. Yet, we do have general practitioners who are well trained in surgery, orthopedics, dentistry, ophthalmology, and so on. We, at The Institute, can assist you in making diagnosis, since most diseases manifest abnormalities in imaging examinations such as radiography and ultrasonography. We are working closely with organizations where computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) are available. In addition, we can refer you to oncology facility where radiation therapy is provided. Consultation fees are similar to what you pay in USA, and the minimal charge is 10,000 yen (plus tax) per visit.
- Interpretation Service for Imaging Examinations
- Interpretation fees for radiographic films are 3,000 yen (plus tax, and handling fee of 1,000 yen, if we need to send the films back to you) per examination. For the contrast examinations, the fee is 5,000 yen (plus tax). We can send you the report or contact your veterinarians.
- Ultrasonography fees are 15,000 yen (plus tax) for general abdominal examinations, 5,000 yen (plus tax) for fine needle aspirate interpretation fee, and 10,000 yen (plus tax) for other small part examinations such as thyroid or mass. We use a state of the art ultrasound machine (Aloka alfa 5 SV) with high frequency ultrasound probes.
- CT and MRI fees are dependent on how many areas we scan. In general, we charge 10,000 yen (plus tax) for interpretation.
- If you need any of these services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Taka Miyabayashi, BVS, MS, PhD (University of California, Davis)
Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Radiology (1991)
Director of The Institute of Veterinary Education & Advanced Technology (iVEAT)